Honeycomb shades, also called cellular shades, get their name from the shape of the cells that make up each shade. Hunter Douglas created these window treatments in response to the energy crisis in the 1970s, but their energy efficiency is not the only reason to have them in your home. Discover the benefits these unique shades offer, then let herberts workroom101 create the perfect ones for you.
Duette® Cellular Shades
Duette shades are available with a single or double layer of cells in a variety of sizes. In the Alustra® line, Hunter Douglas offers Illumicell™, a clear lining inside each cell that helps insulate your window without blocking the natural light. The Duette® line comes in horizontal and vertical orientations, so they can be used on any window or sliding glass door.
Applause® Honeycomb Shades
For the ultimate in energy-efficiency, Applause® honeycomb shades come with double or triple layers of cells. For kitchens and baths, these shades can be made with Venue™ fabrics, which inhibit mold and mildew growth.
Pleated shades give your room a modern look and add a pop of color when purchased in one of the many different colors offered.
Honeycomb Shades Offer Many Benefits
- The most well-known benefit of cellular shades is their energy efficiency, which makes them perfect for the variety of temperatures we have in and around Denver, Colorado. In the winter, the cells trap cold air seeping in through windows before it reaches the living area of your home. In the summer, these same cells keep your air-conditioning inside and the heat of the sun outside.
- These shades help reduce unwanted outside noise by trapping the sounds within their cells before they enter your home. The soft material they are constructed from also serves to dampen inside sounds, improving the acoustics in a room.
- Whether you want minimal shade or almost complete darkness, honeycomb shades can accommodate your light control needs. Fabrics range from almost translucent to very opaque. Room-darkening liners can also be added inside cells, without changing the look of the shade, for those who require a dark room during the day.
- The top-down/bottom-up operating system allows you to let the sunlight in above the top of the shades while keeping the bottom of the shade closed for light control or privacy. Other operating systems include cordless options for increased safety around children and motorization for the ultimate in convenience.
- When closed, cellular shades protect your flooring and furnishings from damaging UV rays. When they are drawn up to the headrail, they are virtually invisible, making them a perfect addition to draperies or curtains.
To experience these versatile window treatments in person, come to herberts workroom101 in Centennial, Colorado. Or if it is more convenient for you, we are happy to schedule an appointment to meet with you in your home. In addition to our hometown, we also proudly service Denver, Greenwood Village, Castle Pines, Castle Rock, Centennial, Parker, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Englewood, Aurora and the surrounding cities.